|2019-20 Tryout Information:
|As a member of Cal Cheerleading, you will get to cheer on the Golden Bears at football, basketball, and volleyball games, as well as represent the university at various events around the Bay Area. You will also have the opportunity to support our athletic programs at various travel games and tournaments. Cal Cheerleading plans to travel to Orlando, Florida to represent the university at the UCA College Cheerleading National Championships. Cal Cheerleading also participates in the NCAA emerging sport, STUNT, in the Division 1 category.
In order to tryout, you must:
1) Fill out the application, candidate contract, release agreement, and health history
forms and bring them with you to the tryout. Please include a current headshot
Candidates with incomplete applications are not eligible for tryouts.
2) Pay the $20 application fee upon submission with the tryout forms.
We will accept cash or checks made payable to UC Regents.
Credit cards will not be accepted.
You may not tryout if you do not pay the application fee.
3) Attend one of the four open practices, if possible:
• April 3rd: 7-10PM Haas Pavilion
• April 10th: 7-10PM Haas Pavilion
• April 17th: 7-10PM Haas Pavilion
• April 24th: 7-10PM Haas Pavilion
1) Must be a fully admitted student to the University of California, Berkeley
• Incoming Freshman must have received a letter of acceptance and
have signed a letter of intent to attend the University of California, Berkeley
by April 23rd.
2) FEMALE CANDIDATES: Standing Back Handspring
3) CO-ED CANDIDATES: Toss Chair, Toss Hands, Tumbling Optional
For more information, please contact:
Head Coach Lisa Keys (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Coach Jessica Chatto (email@example.com)
Spirit Coordinator, Lauren Carey (firstname.lastname@example.org)