|2020-21 Tryout Information:
|As a member of Cal Cheerleading, you will get to cheer on the Golden Bears at football, basketball, and volleyball games, as well as represent the university at various events around the Bay Area. You will also have the opportunity to support our athletic programs at various travel games and tournaments. Cal Cheerleading plans to travel to Orlando, Florida to represent the university at the UCA College Cheerleading National Championships. Cal Cheerleading also participates in the NCAA emerging sport, STUNT, in the Division 1 category.
In order to tryout, you must:
1) Fill out the application, candidate contract, release agreement, and health history
forms. Please include a current headshot and transcripts.
Candidates with incomplete applications are not eligible for tryouts.
2) Video Submission Process/Timeline
Friday, May 29 • Online registration due!
Saturday, May 30 • Choreography and uploading instructions will be emailed
to all registered applications for both Cheer and Dance.
Monday, June 8 • Video and Audition Packets DUE
Week of June 15 • Finalist/next round announced via email.
• Dance Finalist will receive choreography for Hip Hop Routine on
June 13th or 14th with a due date of Saturday, June 20th at 11:59
• 2nd Round interviews during the week of June 15th for Cheerleading
• 2nd Round interviews during the week of June 15th for Dance Team
Monday, June 22 • Announce the Team! Via email and on our website by noon
1) Must be a fully admitted student to the University of California, Berkeley
• Incoming Freshman must have received a letter of acceptance and
have signed a letter of intent to attend the University of California, Berkeley
by April 23rd.
2) FEMALE CANDIDATES: Standing Back Handspring
3) CO-ED CANDIDATES: Toss Chair, Toss Hands, Tumbling Optional
For more information, please contact:
Spirit Advisor, Craig Peden (email@example.com)